Buying a new huge capacity food and waste disposal may be an exciting and a stressing experience as well due to their price tag.
Hence, people often find this General Electric GFC520V Disposal to allow them to save a few dollars.
The product is quite affordable; you don’t need to break your account to purchase it.
Amazing Construction and Design
GE GFC520 is a solid device that weighs around 9 pounds. Due to its stability, the product can easily be mounted on most surfaces under your sink.
All of its components are made with durable materials, so it does not get damaged easily.
Additionally, the product features dual swivel blades crafted from stainless steel, which is designed in such a manner that no matter the type of food you dispose of, the product doesn’t get clogged.
Furthermore, 2 levels inside the device precut the food remains and the impellers help in pulverizing whatever food remains is put into it.
Space Saving Product
The majority of the people hit the market to buy a new disposer because they are annoyed with not having adequate space for storing their disposer under their sinks.
Luckily, this model solves that issue for you. It measures a mere 5.5 inches wide and 12.5 inches high, so it doesn’t intrude on your storage area.
This product is designed to solve all problems with remain disposals. Through mounting it in your house, you can easily discard all food remain down the drain and into the disposal within seconds.
It totally breaks down as well as liquefies food remains that go into its chamber so that it can quickly flow in your sewer drainage system.
This device doesn’t only help you to eliminate food remains from your house, but it also helps you to have fewer cans and bag, leading to fewer trips carrying smelly cans to the curbside.
An Easy to Use Product
GFC520V is an easy to use device. To kick-start the operation, first, you need to detach its sink stopper and open its cold water tap. Then, switch on the gadget and put all your food remains in it.
Finally, turn the switch off when the grinding process is complete (it is that easy).
One important thing to remember before you turn it off is that you should allow both the disposal and water to run for about 25 more seconds. This will ensure that the food remains are totally drained into the sewer system.
Produces Minimal Noise
Unlike some low-quality garbage disposal devices, this product has a complete sound insulation system, which enables it to minimize the grinding noise of the disposer whenever it is in use.
Moreover, there is a detachable splash guard which helps you to dispose of remains without any jam or mess and also helps in maintaining as minimal sound as possible by reducing noise between the garbage disposal and the sink.
The Grinder and Feed
The feed in this model is continuous. What does this mean? This means that once you power on your garbage device, you can continue to put in biodegradable materials into the system without stopping. The machine will, in turn, break down the food remains you put into the system as you continue to put them.
To effectively use this product, all you need to do is to follow the steps we looked above. In addition, you will need to rub in the biodegradable remains into the system. I really love this feature; it makes it so easy to use the product.
Some of the most amazing features of GE GFC520V include the following:
- Over 2,800 rpm – This product can run up to 2,800 rpm and thus make it easy to grind your food remains finer and more quickly when compared to other ordinary disposals.
- 5 HP motor – The product comes with a powerful magnet motor of 0.5 horsepower which offers a very efficient grinding.
- Dual swivel impellers – This gadget works with double grinding blades which are made from stainless steel that doesn’t jam and is less likely to rust until you begin to put huge amounts of waste at a go.
- EZ mount installation – The disposer boasts of an EZ mounting system so that there are just a few steps and parts needed when mounting it. Furthermore, the product comes with fewer elements and actions as opposed to its rivals, which comes with a dozen items.
- Huge capacity feed – The product’s disposer has a huge capacity that allows you to scrape huge amount of remains. Additionally, due to its huge capacity, the product grinds food faster and thus saves you lots of time.
- 2 level precutting – The gadget features a 2-level precutting mechanism that helps to chop and pulverize your food easily.
Find more GE GFC520V information and reviews here
This machine enjoys a lot of benefits which includes:
- It has a superb grind that makes it easy to pulverize waste.
- The product is very quiet as it comes with an insulation package that helps to reduce its noise.
- It is very easy to install the product.
- They product is quite durable and stable.
- It comes with a 12-month limited warranty.
As it is the norm, all products have a few shortcomings. Hence, this product has these cons:
- You need to replace the entire sink flange before you install a new GE GFC520V.
- Its mount design has only 2 bolts while others come with 3 bolts, thus it is subpar.
- If you don’t install the device correctly, it will collapse and you will need to start all over again.
The Bottom Line
In conclusion, the product is really pleasing (I really like it). Additionally, although you shouldn’t always trust all the positive review you come across about any device, this machine is really effective and it is a gadget that I would happily recommend a family or friend.
What is even amazing is that all its features work really well, and the machine is surprisingly and pleasantly quiet while it is operating.
You can have a productive conversation with a friend in the kitchen while the machine is running without having to raise your voice.