The Best Water Purification Tablets of 2020
The Best Water Purification Tablets Reviews
- The Top Best Water Purification Tablets Reviews
- Aquamira Water Purifier Tablets – Tactical 50 pack
- TAC-H2O Refill-100 Aquatab – By Tac-Bar Tactical Food Rations
- Aquatabs Water Purification Tablets – 100/pack
- Katadyn Micropur – MP1 Purification Tablets(20count)
- When to Use Water Purification Tablets
- How to choose the best water purification tablets
- How water purification tablets work
- Procedure for water purification
- Conclusion: Water Tablets
Has backpacking, hiking, or camping crossed your mind?Are you visiting or living in a remote area where safe drinking water is not available? Or you are facing an emergency situation such as a hurricane or dirty water!
Although there are other methods of purifying your water such as boiling, water purification tablets serve the most efficient alternative.
The best water purification tablets could address these situations, by killing the pathogens in the water to make it safe for your consumption. Our list of water tablets reviews will help you to identify the best tablets for you.
The Top Best Water Purification Tablets Reviews
These water purifier tablets are ideal when you are going for an excursion such a hunting expedition or a lengthy hiking or camping trip, where availability of safe water for drinking could be hard.
One tablet purifies one liter of water.
- Long shelf life, and the tablets are individually packed, so there is no worry of expiration or contamination.
- These tablets, which contain military-grade chlorine dioxide work to purify your water by producing a powerful germicidal agent that kills bacteria, Cryptosporidium and Giardia.
- The tablets improve the taste of the water, without adding any coloration.
- Each tablet of Aquamira water purification tablet is individually packaged, so there is no need for you to carry the whole box when you go for your hiking.
- Its pouch is reusable with no packaging waste.
- This water purifier is registered by EPA; Reg.No. 70020-22-71766
- The pack is ultralight, and compact 50 pack. It weighs 0.7 oz.
- For this type of water purifier, you must use with a filter system, preferably; Aquamira Water Bottle and Filter or Aquamira Frontier Emergency Filter System to complete the process. Using the water purifier alone without the filter will not remove the sediment.
- This brand takes a whole lot of 4 hours to fully work, compared to other brands that take lesser time; as little as half an hour.
At an affordable price, you can get this water purification tablet for your next hike or trip. In just about 30 minutes, this tablet will make your drinking water clean and safe for your consumption.
One 17 mg Aquatab tablet purifies 5 liters of water. Ensure that you read and follow the instructions printed on the strips.
- These tablets are lightweight and they are individually packaged, thus they are easily portable.
- The aftertaste of the water after using this tablet is pleasant, because they are chlorine based.
- The tablet only works in 30 minute, you will not have to wait for long if you are thirsty.
- The tablet kills microorganisms, therefore it prevents water-borne diseases such as dysentery, cholera and typhoid.
- The tablets have been globally used, because they contain the active ingredient (NaDCC):US EPA which is approved for treating long term drinking water.
- The packaging of these tablets is safe, because the packet is safely heat-sealed in a 4 layer 140 micron thick TAC-H2O Mylar pouch. This prevents any contamination, because it is waterproof, rugged, sunlight proof, matte black and compact.
- There is the need to check these tablets for expiry before using them, because they only have a shelf life of 5 years.
- The directions of use of this product may be difficult to understand for some users.
The Aquatabs water purification tablets are one of the best water purification tablets in the market. They come at an affordable price and they work within only 30 minutes.
This brand is trusted in many countries for over 20 years of use in emergency situations. This product is used to treat over 3 billion gallons of water annually.
- These tablets work fast to address emergency situations such as Earthquakes, Floods, Hurricanes and Tornados.
- They work in only 30minutes after mixing.
- Their taste in water is consistently great.
- The product is lightweight and easier for transportation.
- This product can only treat two liters of water at most.
- It does not treat cryptosporidium.
These are lightweight tablets that are able to treat one litre of water, so you will really get a lot of use for just a single box. These tablets are Chlorine dioxide based and they are as well designed to remove the unpleasant taste that comes along with Chlorine dioxide based water purification tablets.
- The tablets are individually packed to enable easier transportation and packaging. This also decreases the risk of contamination and promotes safety.
- The tablets are wrapped in an easy to open wrapper.
- The tablets work in only 30minutes.
- The product is registered by PEA as a microbiological water purifier, thus it is safe for human consumption.
- This tablet is proven to be effective remedy against bacteria, Giardia, Cryptosporidium and viruses in the water conditions.
- The sealing of this product is waterproof to ensure no contamination.
- While using this product, there is no measuring or mixing that is required.
- Since this product is a little less strong that other water treatment tablets, it may take longer to purify the water, especially if the water is too dirty.
- The product may cause the water to look yellowish after the treatment. This may put off some consumers; however, the water is still safe for drinking.
Water Purification Tablets Buying Guide
When to Use Water Purification Tablets
When you are enjoying outdoor activities, you will need to drink lots of water to keep hydrated. Most of the time, the water that is available is from natural sources such as rivers, and although the water may look beautiful and clear, it is not safe for consumption.
It may contain viruses and bacteria that may harm your health. That’s where water purification tablets come in handy; they are safer to use than boiling the water, cheaper and also portable for you to use even while on the go.
How to choose the best water purification tablets
There exist two types of water purification tablets: Chlorine treatment and Iodine treatment. Iodine treatment is to some extent more effective that chlorine treatment.When you use Iodine treatment, ensure that you use a dark bottle because iodine is light-sensitive.
However, most people do not like iodine-based water purifiers because they say that it gives the water a strange taste, which makes it hard to drink.
Before purchasing the water purification tablet, ensure that you know if you are allergic to iodine or not. People with thyroid problems as well, should not drink water treated with iodine-based water purifiers.
Pregnant women and children should always use chlorine based water purifiers because iodine-based treatments may cause adverse effects to their systems.
How water purification tablets work
Although there are many different kinds of water purification tablets that are available on the market, they all work in a similar way.
However, each kind requires a precise dosage in order to work efficiently. Water purification tablets generally contain one of these three substances: chlorine, chlorine oxide or iodine. These three play the same role, although one may have a less pleasant and stronger taste than the other.
The water purification tablets work by killing harmful micro-organisms in the water so as to prevent water borne diseases such as dysentery, cholera and typhoid.
Procedure for water purification
First and foremost, ensure that the tablets are in their air-tight packaging that you buy with. This packaging is necessary to ensure that the tablets are not be contaminated in any way before you use them.
If water purification tablets are exposed to bad weather, humidity and extreme temperature, they become less effective.
So, if you are on a hike, camping trip or any other outdoor excursion, these conditions are unavoidable. As such, ensure that your backpack is safely zipped. Below is the general procedure for using water purification tablets.
- If the water is extremely dirty, allow the dirt to settle and then filter the water into another container.
- Place the water purification tablets in the water (according to the dosage indicated in the instructions) and leave them for a while.
- Depending on the type of the tablet you use, the amount of dissolving time may vary. Be sure to read the enclosed instructions in order to determine the correct amount of time to wait before drinking the water.
Make sure that you also purify the mouth piece of the water bottle you drink from. Some of the contaminated water may still be on it, so to be safe, allow some of the purified water to pour out, then quickly seal the water bottle.
What are the benefits of using water purification tablets?
Everyone naturally reacts from drinking bad water. Contaminated water can have adverse effects to your health, and can even cause death.
Water purification is essential for a healthy life. Water may contain disease causing microorganisms. Purifying your drinking water kills these microorganisms to make the water safe for human consumption.
Untreated water may contain minerals such as magnesium and copper. These minerals are toxic, therefore harmful to your health.
Other minerals react with each other to form deposits which make the water harmful as well. The best purification tablets remove as many minerals as possible to reduce the risk of causing illnesses.
In case you experience symptoms like vomiting and nausea from drinking water that was not purified, you should immediately seek medical advice.
Conclusion: Water Tablets
To choose the best water purification Tablets from the above list, you will have to consider the purpose of the product you want to purchase.
Is it an emergency water purification tablet?
Do you intend to use it for backpacking?
Is it for portable purposes of do you just want to use it at home?
From the above roundup, Aquamira Water Purifier Tablets, Pack of 50 is recommended for you. For any water purification activity you would like to undertake, this product will work well for you because its weight is super-light and easy to transport.
This tablet comes along with a pouch that weighs only 1.4oz. One tablet of these treats a liter of water. The only shortcoming of this product is that it does not remove sediment.
However, you can use a filter to remove the sediment and after four hours, your water will be completely pure and safe for your consumption. However, in case of an emergency, these tablets will not work best for you.
When it comes to the case of an emergency, Aquatabs Water Purification Tablets 100/pack will serve the purpose. These water purification agents are first acting, and your water will be safe for consumption in just 30minutes.
Unlike iodine-based tablets, these tablets do not cause the water to have a funny taste or smell. These tablets are safe for children and pregnant women and for people who suffer from iodine allergies.