Looking for the best water cooler dispensers? Look no further! We’ve spent hours researching the latest water dispenser reviews to give you all the information you need in one article.
For those in a hurry, we’ve done our research to present our top pick in affordable, reliable water dispensers. In terms of dollar value, it’s hard to beat this sleek looking water dispenser from Whirlpool, one of the top brands in home appliances.
Lots of Options to Choose From
Here at iWaterPurification, it’s our goal to make the selection process easier, not more complicated! While we listed our top selection above, there are several other water dispensers that are worth exploring.
- Best Water Cooler Dispenser Filter: Whirlpool Self Cleaning, Hot and Cold, Stainless Bottom Load Water Cooler with LED Indicators
- Lots of Options to Choose From
- Top 5 Best Water Cooler Reviews
Water cooler dispensers make it easy and convenient to have hot or cold drinking water available anywhere there is a power outlet! These water coolers aren’t just for the office, and “water cooler” talk has a lot more meaning when it’s in your home.
Modern water cooler dispensers use advanced features to provide clean drinking water time and time again. They will provide hot water and cold water on demand, without any waiting or downtime.
You can also use a water dispenser at home, in any room that has a power outlet. Great option for kids on second story bedrooms and homes with pets!
Time to Get A New Water Cooler Dispenser
From reading this article you will gain evidence that it is not only time to replace the office water cooler, you will also find the best water cooler dispenser for your office.
Everyone who drinks and gathers around the water cooler will be very happy to welcome a new one, especially one that is cleaner and one that does not look like a traditional water cooler.
What is a Water Dispenser and Why Would You Need One?
A water dispenser is exactly what you think, a machine that dispenses water.
Why do you need one?
So you can have clean drinking water at the temperature you wish. It also provides boiling hot water for tea, ramen and other soups.
Water Cooler Types:
There are two main water cooler types. You have a bottom loading water dispenser and a top loading water dispenser.
My personal favourite is the bottom loading water dispenser. This is great for office or for home use. Since the water jug goes on the bottom, anyone can put it in. Just roll it to the water dispenser and push it inside the dispenser. Put the pipes and suction back on top of the water jug then close the door and you are good to go.
With a top loading water dispenser, you have to be strong in order to lift and flip the water jug. The top loading water dispensers are the traditional looking water coolers that have been on office shows for years.
You probably have or had one in your office at one point; I know I had one in mine. I personally prefer the bottom loading water dispensers, but some prefer top loading. All depends on your work.
Features to Look for When Shopping for Water Coolers Include:
Some features you need to look for are water temperature settings and where the jug is loaded into. Water temperature settings with the water cooler dispenser used to be just cold water and room temperature (that was supposed to be hot).
Now you can have very cold, room temperature and boil hot water as your options. Do not worry if you are a parent – there are child locks to prevent them from getting boiling water.
Top 5 Best Water Cooler Reviews
|Model||Product Name||Product Dimensions||Weight||Type|
(Best Water Dispenser
|15 x 12.6 x 40.5 inches||30 pounds||Bottom Loading|
(Best Hot Water Dispenser)
|12.2 x 13.6 x 41 inches||35.3 pounds||Bottom Loading|
(Best Water Cooler
|45.3 x 14.5 x 13.5 inches||37 pounds||Top Loading|
(Best Water Dispenser
|12.7 x 12.4 x 37.9 inches||32 pounds||Top Loading|
|Glacial Maximum Stainless|
(Best Rated Water Dispenser)
|15 x 14 x 40 inches||44.5 pounds||Bottom Loading|
Yes, this is it.
The others have been dishwasher safe, but this one is self-cleaning. This is due to its 6th sense technology, and then it uses unstable oxygen in order to kill bacteria and other viruses that can be contaminating your water.
It is nice and sleek for your office since it is made of stainless steel. And it even has a nickel planted front and sides for a sleek and sophisticated, edgy design. Look wise, this to me is the most aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
It screams sophistication and luxury, but the price tag does not. It is a personal favourite of mine.
- This is the companies 5th generation of bottom loading water dispensers so they know what they are doing
- The LED light lets you know when the self-cleaning is running
- The LED will also allow you to know when the water is at its coldest or at its hottest
- The coldest the water gets is 9° F which is well below freezing
- The hot water is hot enough to brew the perfect cup of tea, which is hotter than water for a cup of coffee
- A 300 pound person can sit on the water dispenser and not break it
- Will outlast other brands since the compressor is not used as often due to the cooling system
- Is able to use 3 or 5 gallon water jugs which seem to be the two most popular sizes
- Only offers are freezing cold or boiling hot water. In order to achieve room temperature you need to leave the poured water out
- Since it is stainless steel, it shoes stains and finger prints all over the appliance. Keep a rag handy
2. NewAir WAT40B Pure Spring – Best Water Cooler Dispenser
This is a bottom loading water dispenser, and as you will see it conceals the water jug so you cannot see it. Some of its important features are that it is Energy Star rated, BPA free, NSF Certified and has indicator lights.
This is one of the best water coolers because it is modern in both colour (black) and design (bottom loader).
If you wish to find a water dispenser for your home, this one is perfect. You may be a bit weary since it dispenses very hot water, but do not worry since there is a child safety lock already installed.
Your child will not accidentally burn themselves from the hot water.
I highly recommend this bottom water dispenser.
- Made with 100% BPA free materials
- Cold water temperature can be as low as 39° F
- Hot water temperature reaches 185° F
- Has a powerful and energy efficient compressor
- Red light indicates when water jug needs to be replaced
- Comes with a booklet and a warranty
- Lightweight compared to other models. This one is only 35 lbs
- Stands at an average height of 41 inches making it easy for adults and children to use
- Energy Star Qualified
- BPA free so your water is never contaminated
- Can be a bit on the noisy side, but that is expected due to the motors to keep the water hot and cold
3. Avalon Top Loading – Best Water Cooler for Home
You have both hot and cold water dispensers, and there is also a child safety lock on the hot water dispenser keeping you and your child safe from burns.
The Avalon is best water dispenser for a home in my opinion. It is built for small spaces like family kitchens so it will never get in the way.
When you need a cup of cocoa for your children and a cup of tea for yourself, this is the water dispenser to go to.
- Comes in white so it will blend in with most home kitchens
- Easy to use – just press your cup against a paddle and the water comes out. Do not worry; the child lock works on the hot water
Water is so cold; you no longer need ice cubes for your drink
- Energy Star rated
- Weighs only 37 pounds
- Are 45 inches high which is an ideal height for a water dispenser, especially for parents
- Fits 3 or 5 gallon water jugs
- Cold water gets as cold as 47° F
- Hot water gets as hot as 167° F which is perfect for brewing teas and making instant soups
- Water pressure is good and always at a constant flow
- Many supermarkets will refill the reusable water bottles for you allowing you save money
- It is top loading meaning someone has to be able to lift the 5 gallon jug of water up and then flip it over to put it on top
4. Clover B14A – Best Water Dispenser for Office
This is another traditional top loader. It looks like your typical office water dispenser, but that does not mean it is not one of the best water dispensers. It has stainless steel tanks which allow both the hot and cold water to travel through the tanks in a hygienic fashion.
This is best for your health as it keeps the water not contaminated. You are able to adjust the water thermostat which is great for the home.
You can make the cold water between 35° to 53° F. The hot water is not adjustable – it is always at a constant 185° F. Great for brewing tea. It is Energy Star rated and follows the very strict energy efficient guidelines set by the EPA.
This water dispenser only needs the drip tray to be cleaned occasionally leaving very little maintenance for its users. The best part of this water dispenser is the hot water on and off switch.
This conserves electricity.
That means you save on energy bills.
- Weighs only 32 lbs
- Is black and stainless steel
- You control the cold water temperature
- Has a 1 year warranty
- Has a child safety lock for the hot water tap
- Very sturdy
- Stainless steel tanks make the water more hygienic to drink
- Able to fit in kitchen at home or in the office kitchen
- You are able to control whether or not the hot water is on or off
- Energy Star rated by the EPA which sets very strict guidelines to follow
- Easy to clean and even has a drip tray in case your glass overflows with water
- The only con is that it is a top loader with an exposed water jug
5. Glacial Maximum Stainless – Best Rated Water Dispenser
This water dispenser is exactly what you are looking for. Why? Beside of providing you with clean water, it can self-cleaning. It uses unstable oxygen in order to kill bacteria and other viruses that can be contaminating your water.
The water is also chilled by Glacial Chill technology which uses a ring of ice to keep water at a temperature just above the freezing mark. This allows it to produce 1.6 gallons of icy cold water an hour.
It is nice and sleek for your office since it is made of stainless steel. And it even has a nickel plated front and sides for a sleek and sophisticated, edgy design. Look wise, this to me is the most aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
It screams sophistication and luxury, but the price tag does not.
This is the best water cooler dispenser in my book.
- Daily self-cleaning
- Keeps the water jug hidden
- Great for a high end office
- Has a night light so you can get a glass of water in the middle of the night without having to turn the kitchen light on
- Water comes out just above freezing
- Hot water comes out boiling hot which is great for tea and soups
- Easy to install bottom loader for water jugs. Stem just pops off and just switch bottles. Easy
- Gets most of the water out – leaves about a tablespoon worth of water at the bottom
- Comes with a one year warranty
- Uses 3 or 5 gallon jugs
- Professional grade compressor technology uses about 30 times less energy than a commercial grade cooler
- Has HotBoost technology which heats the water to a very high temperature and can produce up to 1.4 gallons of hot water per hour
- Some reviewers report that it can be a bit loud
What to Consider While Shopping for a Water Dispenser
There are numerous things to consider when looking for a water cooler dispenser.
Which brand is the best?
Which water dispenser is in my price range?
Where is this water cooler going to go?
These are some of the questions you should be asking yourself.
Here are some things to consider:
Other Things to Consider:
The size of the water dispenser and the size of water jug it may require. Most use 3 or 5 gallon water jugs, so double check with the manufacturer prior to purchasing.
What do you have space for?
Is your kitchen large enough for an industrial sized water dispenser, or are you better off with a smaller top load water dispenser?
Think about where you want to put it and measure the space and then check the dimensions of the water dispenser you like. If it fits, then go with it. If not, keep searching.
This is something we are often not comfortable talking about, but some of these water dispensers cost more than others. Have a maximum price in mind and go from there.
Do not look at more expensive models if you know you cannot afford it. You are just mean to yourself then. Plus the higher the price does not mean the features are always better or what you need.
How hot and how cold are the water temperatures? Some dip to freezing, while others are around 50 F. Then again, sometimes the hot water only reaches a certain temperature, and you may want it hotter to make tea and soups.
To me, the temperature is the most important thing to consider besides space.
Water Cooler Cleaning and Maintenance
After reading the above, you finally realized that you are going to have to clean this water dispenser, even if it is already self -cleaning.
Do not worry; it is not that difficult to do.
I have come up with some easy to follow directions for cleaning and performing maintenance on a water cooler so you know how easy it is to do.
- Unplug your cooler. You do not want to be electrocuted after all.
- Check and see if your water cooler has water guard – this allows your water bottle caps to be punctured in order to use.
- If you have water guard, then remove it. Grasp it on both sides and pull out the cooler. You can clean all of the build-ups with a light and gentle dish soap and warm water. Make sure to rinse all of the soap off and dry with a towel.
- Get your baking soda (2 tablespoons) and water (1 cup) solution out and rinse out the reservoir. Drain it and rinse it out several times.
- Replace the water guard kit.
You will also need to sanitize your water dispenser from time to time. This is quite simple. Just make a solution with ½ teaspoon of bleach to a gallon of water. Then pour the water over the reservoir, but do not leave on longer than 5 minutes. Then proceed to drain out the water.
If you have two different taps, then make sure you drain them both through the cold water tap. Next rinse with water immediately. You will also need to remove dirt and other grime from the water dispenser periodically.
Also when you are cleaning around the water cooler, make sure to disconnect the power supply cord and then clean with a small brush attachment from your vacuum cleaner. Keeping it clean helps with maintenance and function of the water cooler.
After reviewing, you learned a lot about water dispensers here. You now know what to consider when shopping for a water cooler and how to keep it clean and maintain it.
Doing all of this will help your water cooler dispenser last longer and keep your water cleaner.
Do not always rely on self-cleaning either – it can be difficult to get rid of mould from standing water. Sometimes you just need to wipe it clean yourself.
My favourite water cooler dispenser on this list has to be the Glacial Maximum Stainless Self Cleaning Base Load Water Cooler with Hot and Cold Water Dispense.
I love how modern it looks.
The stainless steel and nickel make it look sharp and modern. It is already self-cleaning so you will not willnot have to do as much maintenance as compared to other models.
It will fit in with a modern home kitchen, or fit in great with a modern looking office. If you need to impress clients or friends, then this is your water cooler dispenser. It is the best water dispenser on the market in my eyes.
Image credit: Amazon.com