- Top 4 Best Water Cooler Comparison Table
- Top 4 Best Water Cooler Reviews
- The Benefits of Investing in a Water Cooler Dispenser:
- Types of Water Coolers on the Market:
- It’s Time to Get A New Water Cooler Dispenser
- Maintaining & Cleaning Your Water Cooler Dispenser
- The Best Water Cooler Dispenser on the Market: Our Verdict
- In Conclusion: Water Cooler Dispensers
At iWaterPurification, we understand the importance of having access to clean, refreshing drinking water — especially in an office environment. That said, finding the best water cooler dispensers for your space can be daunting.
The best way to find the right water dispenser for your office or home is to weigh your options — which is why we’ve compiled a guide of water dispenser reviews for the best products on the market. If you are looking for affordable, reliable water coolers, be sure to learn more about these individual products and their unique features.
Top 4 Best Water Cooler Comparison Table
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
|VIEW LATEST PRICE →|
Top 4 Best Water Cooler Reviews
If you’ve been looking for a self-cleaning water dispenser, this is the one for you. Most water dispensers are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning, but this model sets itself apart from others with its 6th sense technology that allows it to use unstable oxygen to kill bacteria and any other water-contaminating viruses.
This self-cleaning water dispenser boasts a sleek stainless-steel exterior, making it the best water cooler for your office. Complete with a nickel planted front and sides, it’s sophisticated, edgy design makes the water cooler dispenser as aesthetic as it is convenient and efficient.
Without a doubt, this sophisticated product is the best self-cleaning dispenser on the market – and it’s easily the most aesthetically pleasing water cooler available.
That said, while this product is sophisticated and luxurious in design and efficiency, it’s not luxurious in price tag. Whirlpool’s self-cleaning bottom load water dispenser has been a trusted water cooler for upward of a decade and its design, convenience, quality and affordable cost makes it a go-to for offices and even residences.
- This is the 5th generation of Whirlpool bottom loading water dispensers
- The LED light lets you know when the self-cleaning is running
- The LED notifies when the water is at its coldest or at its hottest
- Water gets to 9° F which is well below freezing
- The hot water is hot enough to brew the perfect cup of tea
- A 300-pound person can sit on the water dispenser and not break it
- Will outlast other brands since the compressor is not used as often due to the cooling system
- Only offers freezing cold or boiling hot water.
- In order to achieve room temperature, you need to leave the poured water out.
- Since it is stainless steel, it stains easily with fingerprints.
2. NewAir WAT40B Pure Spring (Best Water Cooler Dispenser)
New Air’s Pure Spring water cooler dispenser is aesthetic in how it is compact, sleek and conceals its water jug. Since this is a bottom load water dispenser, you won’t have to lift a heavy 5 gallon water jug every time it needs to be replaced. The water jug goes into a bottom compartment for easy replacement and concealment – out of sight, out of mind.
This Energy Star rated, BPA Free, NSF Certified product is easily one of the best water coolers on the market. It even has indicator lights to notify you when the water reaches the desired temperature — for example, when your water is done boiling. In addition to its premium functions, this water cooler is modern both in colour (black) and design (bottom loader).
The New Air Water Cooler is the best water cooler for your space – it may dispense very hot water for your tea or coffee, but it comes with a safety lock already installed to prevent children and clients from accidentally burning themselves. This bottom water dispenser is an efficient, affordable and sleek addition to any home or office for that matter.
- Made with 100% BPA free materials
- Cold water temperature as low as 39° F
- Hot water temperature reaches 185° F
- Powerful & energy efficient compressor
- Red light indicates when water jug needs to be replaced
- Comes with a booklet & warranty
- At only 35 lbs, is lightweight compared to other models.
- Stands at an average height of 41 inches making it easy for adults & children to use
- Energy Star Qualified
- BPA free so your water is never contaminated
- Can be a bit on the noisy side due to motors keeping water hot and cold
3. Avalon Top Loading (Best Water Cooler for Home)
Built for small spaces like family kitchens, the Avalon is the best water dispenser for a home. This model won’t get in the way, and the child safety lock on the hot water dispenser will ensure that there are no hot water accidents when you need a cup of cocoa for your child or tea for yourself.
- Comes in white to suit most home kitchens
- Easy to use – just press your cup against a paddle and the water comes out.
- Child lock works on the hot water
- Energy Star rated
- Weighs only 37 pounds
- 45 inches high (ideal height for a water dispenser, especially for parents)
- Fits 3 or 5 gallon water jugs
- Cold water gets as cold as 47° F (you won’t need ice cubes for your drink!)
- Hot water gets as hot as 167° F which is perfect for brewing teas and making instant soups
- Water pressure is good and always at a constant flow
- Many supermarkets will refill the reusable water bottles to help you cut costs
- It is top loading, which means someone has to be able to lift the 5 gallon jug of water up to load it on top
4. Clover B14A (Best Water Dispenser for Office)
This traditional top loader looks like a typical office water dispenser but is so much more. This water cooler dispenser is one of the best water dispensers on the market with its stainless-steel tanks that allow hot and cold water to travel through hygienically.
With this water cooler, you can keep your water contaminant free and adjust ether water thermostat. You can adjust your cold water temperature from anywhere between 35° to 53° F.
While the hot water is not adjustable and remains at a constant 185°, it can be turned on and off with a switch – this conserves electricity and will help you save on energy bills!
The Energy Star rated water cooler is the ideal water dispenser for office spaces; it follows strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the EPA and the drip tray only needs to be cleaned occasionally. With low maintenance needs, high efficiency and temperature control abilities, this is the best water dispenser for your office space – your employees will thank you!
- Weighs only 32 lbs
- Is black and stainless steel
- Temperature control for cold water
- Has a 1-year warranty
- Has a child safety lock for the hot water tap
- Sturdy & durable
- Stainless steel tanks make the water more hygienic to drink
- Will fit in kitchen at home or in the office kitchen
- Switch on and off hot water
- Energy Star rated by the EPA which sets very strict guidelines to follow
- Easy to clean and even has a drip tray in case your glass overflows with water
- Calls for heavy lifting of 5 gallon jug as it is a top loader
- Exposed water jug
What is a Water Dispenser and Why Would You Need One?
What is a Water Dispenser: A water dispenser is exactly what it sounds like: a machine that dispenses water. These dispensers typically dispense hot and cold water and require the replacement of a water jug. Water dispensers remove the need for water bottles, and the need to drink tap water.
Why You Need a Water Dispenser: Water cooler dispensers provide clean drinking water at the temperature you wish. It also provides a source for boiling hot water for tea and other needs.
The Benefits of Investing in a Water Cooler Dispenser:
There are a lot of reasons why it’s a good idea to have a water dispenser in your home and/or in your office space.
They Are Compact
A lot of water cooler dispensers – particularly bottom load water dispensers – are compact. Their small stature makes it easy to fit them in any kitchen whether that be in your home, or in an office.
Bottom loading water coolers, for one, don’t have any protruding water jug as the water jug is in a bottom sealed compartment, which makes it that much easier to fit into any space.
You Can Plug One in Wherever You Have a Power Source
If your room or office has a power source (we sure hope it does), you can put a water cooler dispenser there!
Water dispensers provide boiling water and also effectively keeps water cool. A water cooler will make it possible for you, a guest or a client to help themselves to a refreshing glass of cool water or hot water for a coffee or tea.
Some water coolers have water filtration features that help to filter out any minerals or contaminants in your water.
Easy to Refill
Water dispensers – particularly bottom load water dispensers – are incredibly easy to refill. In fact, anyone can refill them! All you have to do is roll over your water jug and place it in the bottom compartment. This is a lot easier than refilling a top loading water dispenser which calls for some more heavy lifting.
Think about how many water bottles you go through in a day – that’s a lot of water! When you invest in a water dispenser, your water jugs can be re-used and refilled which conserves materials and still results in a supply of easily accessible clean water.
Types of Water Coolers on the Market:
Although water coolers vary in model, size, style and features, there are three main types of water dispensers you will come across.
Top loading water dispenser: Top loading water dispensers call for the water bottle to be loaded on top. These generally cost less and are easier to set up. You just need a 3 or 5 gallon water jug, place it on top of the unit and then plug it in to have drinking water. That said, the water jug is not discretely hidden in a top load water dispenser and is always exposed.
With a top loading water dispenser, you have to be strong in order to lift and flip the water jug. The top loading water dispensers are the traditional looking water coolers that have been on office shows for years.
Bottom loading water dispenser: A bottom loading water dispenser has a bottom compartment where you can swap out water bottles. This is a sleek, aesthetic option as you will never know the water jug is hiding in the bottom behind closed doors – It looks like a bottle-free water cooler instead. You can use 3 or 5 gallon water jugs so you will always have plenty of water on hand.
You can replace the heavy jug by just sliding it into the bottom. All you have to do is roll the jug to the water dispenser and push it inside. Put the pipes and suction back on top of the water jug then close the door and you are good to go!
Countertop water dispenser: These water cooler dispensers for the home are frequently used in apartments and studio housing. They take a bit of space on the counter to regularly dispense water.
What to Consider When Shopping for the Best Water Cooler for Your Space:
Modern water cooler dispensers use advanced features to provide clean drinking water time and time again. They will provide hot water and cold water on demand, without any waiting or downtime – which makes them perfect for the home and office spaces.
That said, dependant on your needs and the needs of your space, there are some features you are going to want to consider:
What are the Temperature Features?
To find the best water dispenser for your office, consider one with temperature control. Some water cooler dispensers on our guide boast temperature control functions, ensuring cold refreshing water as well as boiled water ideal for your tea. If you are looking for a water dispenser for the home, the best water cooler dispenser for you is one that has a child lock on the hot water dispenser.
What Type of Water Cooler Dispenser Do You Want?
When choosing the right water dispenser, consider what type you need i.e. where the jug will be loaded into. Would you prefer a top loading water dispenser or a bottom loading water dispenser? A bottom loading dispenser, for example, is great for office spaces as it tends to be more compact, and the jug is both easy to conceal and replace
What are Water Cooler Prices Like?
The higher the price of a water dispenser does not always equate to higher quality or features. Set yourself a budget and work within it.
How Do You Maintain It?
Decide if you want a water cooler needs to be cleaned regularly or a self cleaning water dispenser that will require infrequent maintenance.
What Size am I Looking for?
You are going to want to consider the best size of water dispenser for your space and the size of water jug it may require. That said, most water cooler dispensers Most use 3 or 5 gallon water jugs – just double check with the manufacturer prior to purchasing.
Where is This Water Cooler Going to Go?
Think about where you want to put your new water dispenser – measure the space, and then check the dimensions of the cooler you like. After all, space is a major factor when choosing the best water cooler dispenser for your office or home. Is your kitchen large enough for an industrial sized water dispenser, or are you better off with a smaller top load water dispenser?
Bottom load water cooler dispensers, for one, tend to be more compact due to the fact the water jug isn’t on the top making it easier to maneuver and fit in small spaces.
Which Water Cooler brand is the best?
There are two core water cooler brands that are leaders in the industry: Whirlpool and Avalon.
Whirlpool: The Whirlpool Corporation is an industry leader in the manufacturing of appliances. The American company is respected as the largest home appliance maker in the world, with $21 billion in annual sales and upwards of 65 research centers for manufacturing and technological research. With 92,00 employees and counting, this powerhouse continues to grow in the home appliance industry.
When you buy a Whirlpool water cooler, you can trust that you are getting quality and safety. Their self-cleaning water cooler dispenser remains one of the best on the market and has been a go-to model for years.
Avalon: Avalon has been providing homes and office spaces with clean water since 2008. The brand is committed to its customers – it will not only provide clean water but is happy to troubleshoot any issues if there is anything standing between your office and fresh water.
Avalon water cooler dispensers are made with customer satisfaction in mind. When you buy an Avalon water dispenser you can rest easy that any repairs or alterations will be taken care of, because this brand stands behind its products.
It’s Time to Get A New Water Cooler Dispenser
If you are considering a water dispenser for the home or office, keep in mind that you can plug in a water cooler dispenser in any room with a plug. Water coolers are great for homes especially if you have a two-floor home – this makes water access easy for you and your kids, especially because most come with a child safety lock on the hot water dispenser.
You are in the office five days a week – and drink a lot of water there. With that said, it’s important to care about the quality of water you are drinking in the workplace, and the quality of water customers and staff are drinking.
Bottom loading water dispensers, in particular, are the best water dispenser for the office for various reasons:
They Are Easier to Replace:
Because the water jug just goes in the bottom, it’s easy for anyone can replace it when it’s finished.
They Are Safer:
Top loading water cooler dispensers involve heavy lifting and can result in water spills. Both of these elements can pose as a safety hazard. With a bottom loading water dispenser, no heavy lifting is needed, and spills are reduced as water jugs can be rolled over and inserted easily.
They Save Space:
These dispensers don’t have a protruding water jug, as the jug is concealed inside a bottom compartment. This makes these dispensers easier to fit in an office.
They are Considerably More Aesthetically Pleasing:
These water cooler dispensers are more aesthetically pleasing for office spaces because they tend to have a compartment to conceal the jug. They are also often available in sleek colours like black or finishes like stainless steel.
If you have any concerns with the following, it’s time to consider a new water cooler dispenser for your office:
- Sanitation: If you are water cooler dispenser is looking unsanitary and is leaving particles and minerals in your water, you are going to want to consider replacing it.
- Aesthetics: Your water cooler dispenser looks like it was from the 90s? There are countless modern looking water dispensers for the office on the market that will give your office space that sleek edge you’re going for. Bottom load water cooler dispensers are the best water dispensers for an office space because they hide the water jug, which prevents your cooler from sticking out like a sore thumb.
- Water Temperature: Is your water not cool? Is your hot water not hot enough? Look for a water dispenser with temperature control to dispense water that better suits your daily needs.
Maintaining & Cleaning Your Water Cooler Dispenser
Even if you opt for a self cleaning water dispenser, it is still necessary to clean and maintain the water cooler. Don’t worry – if you’re wondering how to clean a water cooler it’s not that hard!
- If you notice an odour, build up or any other nasty material surfacing around your water dispenser, here is how you can clean it:
- Unplug your cooler before doing anything to avoid being electrocuted.
- Check and see if your water cooler has water guard – this allows your water bottle caps to be punctured, which is necessary to use them.
- Remove the water guard if you have it. To do this, grasp it on both sides and pull it out of the cooler. You can use gentle dish soap and warm water to clean off any build up. Before proceeding, make sure to rinse all of the soap off and dry with a towel.
- Get your baking soda (2 tablespoons) and water (1 cup) solution out and rinse out the reservoir. Drain it and rinse it out several times.
- Replace the water guard kit.
Additional Cleaning Notes:
Regular cleaning helps with the maintenance and function of your water cooler:
Sanitizing Your Water Dispenser: It’s important to note that you will also need to sanitize your water dispenser from time to time. All you need to do this is make a solution with ½ teaspoon of bleach to a gallon of water, and then pour the water over the reservoir — but do not leave on longer than 5 minutes. Be sure to drain out the water after.
If You Have Two Taps: If you have two different taps, make sure you drain them both through the cold water tap and rinse them with water immediately. You will also need to remove dirt and other grime from the water dispenser periodically.
Cleaning Around the Water Cooler: When you are cleaning around the water cooler, make sure to disconnect the power supply cord. Once unplugged you can clean around the cooler with a small brush attachment from your vacuum cleaner.
The Best Water Cooler Dispenser on the Market: Our Verdict
Our #1 Pick: Whirlpool Self Cleaning
There’s a lot to love about the other water dispensers on the list, but our choice for best bottom loading dispenser is the Whirlpool self-cleaning water dispenser.
From its sleek nickel and stainless-steel exterior to its cleaning abilities to its varying temperatures, this self cleaning water dispenser is a great option for your home or office space. Due to its compact sizing, this dispenser is perfect for all environments – and its self-cleaning abilities make it that much more efficient and hassle-free.
Whether you are in need of refreshing cold water or need hot water for tea, this dispenser will deliver.
With this water dispenser, you won’t have to worry about throwing your back trying to replace a water battle or slipping on spilt water, because it’s bottom loading function makes maintenance and replacing bottles that much easier.
No heavy lifting, no spill, no cleaning no fuss – just bacteria and virus-free water ready for your family or office workers to drink. The whirlpool self-cleaning water dispenser is convenient and efficient and comes from an industry leader that is constantly improving its appliances to continuously create top of the line water dispensers.
Take water cooler talk to the next level with a quality no-fuss bottom loading water dispenser that makes access to water easy & hassle free.
In Conclusion: Water Cooler Dispensers
If our guide has taught you anything about finding the best water cooler dispenser for your office or home, it’s that the options when it comes to water dispensers are endless. Water coolers differ in stature, price, finishes and model, ranging from top loading to bottom loading.
Some water coolers are self-cleaning, and others require maintenance – at the end of the day, it’s up to you to identify the best water cooler dispenser for you. At iWaterPurifcation, we are committed to providing you with the reviews and research necessary to help you find the best water dispenser for your home or office space. With our help, you’ll find the water cooler dispenser that will last longer and keep your water clean for you and your family for years to come.
If you are on the market for water dispensers, use our guide to best water dispensers complete with thorough reviews to help you make an educated decision. You, your family, employees and coworkers all deserve clean drinking water!