Best Countertop Reverse Osmosis System Reviews of 2022
Iron, lead, arsenic, radon, hydrogen sulfide – these are just a few of the many contaminants that can make tap water undrinkable. A whole house water filtrations system can treat your home’s entire plumbing, but what about just one faucet? That’s when you should be looking for the best point of use solution, a countertop reverse osmosis system.
At iWaterPurification, our water appliance and water treatment experts came together to research the best countertop RO systems of the year. Portable, lightweight, and designed for point-of-use water filtration, a countertop reverse osmosis system is an affordable way to turn foul tap water into pure, healthy h2O.
If you’ve been searching for reviews of the best countertop reverse osmosis system, each of the selections on our list were chosen based on performance as well as hundreds of customer reviews.
|1. APEC Water Systems RO-CTOP Portable Countertop RO Water Filter System||VIEW PRICE|
|2. Frizzlife Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System ||VIEW PRICE|
|3. AlcaPure Zero Installation Purifier Reverse Osmosis Countertop Water Filter||VIEW PRICE|
|4. KFLOW Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System||VIEW PRICE|
|5. AQUA TRU Countertop RO Water Filtration Purification System||VIEW PRICE|
- Top 5 Countertop Reverse Osmosis Systems Reviews
- 1. APEC Water Systems RO-CTOP Portable Countertop RO Water Filter System
- 2. Frizzlife Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- 3. AlcaPure Zero Installation Purifier Reverse Osmosis Countertop Water Filter
- 4. KFLOW Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System
- 5. AQUA TRU Countertop RO Water Filtration Purification System
- Dimensions: 14 x 6 x 6.5 inches
- Weight: 7 Pounds
- 99% Removal Rate
- 4 Stage Filtration System
- Water Purification System
- 10” inch and ¼” inch Quick-Connect Fittings
- 100 PSI Maximum Pressure
- 1 Yr Warranty
- Designed and made in the USA
Best Suited For: Arsenic, Barium, Cadmium, Chromium, Fluoride, Copper, Lead, Radium and more
Our top pick for 2020’s best countertop RO system is the Apec Water Systems RO-CTOP Portable Countertop RO water filter system. This 4-stage filtration system is designed and made here in the US, along with most of its BPA-free components . All the filters are NSF certified for safety with an average 12 month lifespan, depending on the level of contamination.
There’s no assembly required and a very minimal installation setup that’s quite straightforward. All the connections are included for attaching the RO-CTOP easily to any standard faucet in your kitchen, bathroom, basement, office, etc. The company does warn, however, that this unit isn’t compatible with pull-out faucets, special size designer faucets and sprayer faucets.
Filter changes are extremely easy. No tools are required to remove the filter cartridges. They just twist and snap into place. At only seven pounds, you can take this unit to your cottage or on your yacht, for example, and it will work with any system with a water pressure rated 40-80psi.
Note: Filter replacement will cost you $100-$200 per year. ( varies depending on level of contamination, water pressure and level of use)
- Connects easily to any standard faucet
- NSF Certified Components
- No plumbing installation required or assembly
- 4-stage Filtration System removes 99% of contaminants
- Portable 90 GPD works for water pressure 40-80psi
- Hassle-free filter changes
- K2520-JJ does not filter chloramine
- Low Flow Rate, depending on water pressure.
- 1:1 Pure Water to Drain Water Ratio (produces as much waste water as clean water.
- The output line is just a hose with a red cap
- NOT compatible with pull-out faucets, special size designer faucets and sprayer faucets
- Dimensions: 12 x 10.2 x 13.4 inches
- Weight: 18.35 pounds
- 4-Stage Filtration System (Tankless)
- TDS And Filter Life Monitor
- LED Screen
- Push-button Controls
- Flow Rate: 1.2L per minute
Best Suited For: removes up to 99.99% of over 1,000 contaminants, including lead, chlorine, fluoride, heavy metals, mercury, chloramine, chromium, arsenic, radium, asbestos and much more.
The Frizzlife Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System is a portable, multi-stage filtration unit for your countertop. Due to its tankless design, it’s compact and stylish, making it suitable for your office, kitchen, bedroom or anywhere else you need it.
Since there’s no installation or assembly required, you only need to plug it in to start enjoying delicious, ultra-pure drinking water from your tap. With its 4-stage reverse osmosis filtration system, your tap water will look, smell and taste noticeably different:
- Stage 1: Sediment filter for removing, sand, silt, rust, and small particles
- Stage 2: High-grade coconut carbon filter conditions the water while removing chlorine and chloramine from your tap water
- Stage 3: Premium 0.0001 micron reverse osmosis membrane removes 99.9% of contaminants
- Stage 4: Granular active carbon block filter reduces the organic compound in water, reduces unpleasant taste, odor and polishes the flavor.
Reverse osmosis systems can be notorious for producing high levels of wastewater . Typically, for every gallon produced, 2 gallons of water are wasted. Frizzlife’s advanced drain water recycling technology, however, yields an impressive pure water to drain water ratio of up to 5:1.
Integrated with Smart technology, Frizzlife RO water filtration system should last you years of use. The LED screen displays when you need to change the water in the tank. It also monitors the status of the filters to alert you when they need replacing.
When you need to change filters, you simply twist the filter out and pop a new one back in. No tools, no hoses, no screws or washers to tamper with ever! Press a button to select the cup size you want for your favorite cup of coffee, tea, homemade fruit juice, or just a glass of clear, cold healthy H2O!
Components include: Frizzlife RO system, Water Filling Tank, Drip Tray, AC adapter, Power Cord, Drain Tube
- 4-Stage Filtration System removes up to 99.9% of contaminants (0.0001 micron)
- Twist-in Filter Replacement requires no tools
- Up to 5:1 Pure Water to Drain Water Ration
- Portable and stylish design suits any modern decor
- SMART technology alerts you when filter cartridge replacement is needed
- Tankless designs saves space
- No Installation
- Can generate a significant amount of noise when in use
- User Manual needs some work – grammatical errors and typos, for example
- Relatively small water tank limits how much water you can filter at once
- Dimensions: 14.5 x 9.5 x 16.2 inches
- Weight: 23 Pounds
- 4-Stage Filtration System
- BPA-Free Components
- 1:1 Waste Water Ratio
- AC Adapter
- Filter Replacement Indicator
Best Suited For:
- Fluoride, Chlorine, Heavy Metals
- Arsenic, Lead, Chromium (-6)
- TDS – Total Dissolved Solids
- Pharmaceuticals, Pesticides
- Perfect for use in apartments, condos or RV’s.
Compact in design, modern and stylish looking,the AlcaPure Zero Installation Purifier is a portable reverse osmosis water filtration system that treats and purifies your tap water. Ideal for the cottage, RV, apartment, condo, or any point of use, you’ll instantly notice the improved taste and odor after only the first 15 minutes of operation.
You don’t need to assemble or install the unit, so no tools are required either. The high capacity filter cartridges require changing only once a year. When the filter needs changing, a red light turns on to alert you, so you don’t risk consuming untreated tap water.
Four stages of water filtration work to remove up to 99% of contaminants, including heavy metals, TDS, chlorine and fluoride. A special post filter increases the pH to a perfectly balanced alkaline level of 7-8pH. Calcium and magnesium are also added at the purification stage to improve the taste and odor of your water like never before.
- Stage 1: Five micron Sediment Filter removes sand, dirt, silt, and small particles
- Stage 2: Activated Carbon Block filter to absorb and remove odors, chlorine, disinfectants and dissolved gases
- Stage 3: RO Membrane removes submicron contaminants including heavy metals, fluoride hormones, bacteria, nitrates, and more
- Stage 4: Alkaline Post Filter for absorbing any remaining impurities and improving the taste
The internal components such as hoses and tubes are all BPA-free to ensure no harmful chemicals are leached back into your clean water.
The AlcaPure Zero Installation Purifier, and it’s so compact that you don’t need additional clearance on top to fit it on your counter. Once it’s plugged in, it uses less power than a 30 watt light bulb.
Using the filter is incredibly simple. Just fill the removable 1 gallon water reservoir press the button, and in fifteen minutes you’ll have half a gallon of purified, drinkable water. While it’s not the lowest wastewater ratio, the combination of purifier and water filter really makes up for it. Wastewater can still be useful for other applications such as gardening.
Whether you live in a cozy 1 bedroom condo, a two bedroom apartment, or a 5 room, 3 bath home, AlcaPure’s Reverse Osmosis Countertop Water Filter enhances your water with calcium and magnesium for improved taste.
- High Capacity 4 Stage Filtration System
- No assembly or installation required
- Single Button Operation
- Zero TDS (Total Dissolved Solids)
- Removes up to 99% of all contaminants
- Adds calcium and magnesium minerals for improved taste
- Alkaline 7-8 pH
- Yields 0.5 gallons of water per gallon of drain water
- There is no sensor to stop the filtration cycle when the top chamber becomes full
- 1 Gallon tank is may be considered small for some households
- Prone to minor leaking
- Dimensions: 17.5 x 16.2 x 14 inches
- Weight: 23.1 Pounds
- 4 Stage Filtration
- Alkaline Water Purifier
- Zero Installation / No Plumbing Required
Best Suited For:
- Lead, Chlorine, Fluoride,
- Heavy Metals, Mercury, Chloramine
- Chromium, Arsenic, Radium
Designed with the appeal of a coffee maker, the KFLOW Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration System is a dream come true. Easy to use and hassle-free to maintain, this attractive countertop water filter boasts an impressive 99% organic removal rate, a 99.9% heavy metals rate, and a 0.0001um RO membrane for removing 99.9% of 1000 different contaminants!
- Stage 1 Filter: Polypropylene Filter
- Stage 2 Filter: Carbon Block Filter
- Stage 3 Filter: RO Membrane Filter
- Stage 4 Filter: Coconut Carbon Block Filter
The most striking feature of the KFLOW RO system is the recycling multi filtration technology. Compared to other brands, KFLOW reduces water waste by recycling the waste water after every new batch of purified water. So instead of the untreated water going to waste, it enters the filtration cycle. According to the manufacturer, this method allows you to increase your water efficiency by as much as 300%.
There’s no danger of harmful chemicals leaking from worn plastic, as all the components are made of food-grade materials (NSF and FDA certified). The reverse osmosis membrane has a two year shelf life, while the remaining filters require changing annually. An electronic indicator light lets you know when the filter cartridges need changing. Replacing them takes only mere seconds, thanks to their unique spiral design.
Living room, kitchen, bedroom or office, you’ll enjoy clear, crisp refreshing H2O straight from your tap in minutes. No more wasting money on bottled water, and you’ll be doing your part to save the planet !
Don’t Miss: Is Bottled Water Safer Than Tap?
- Plug in and Use! – No Installation or assembly required
- Portable Design
- 4 Stage RO Filtration System removes 99.99% of 1,000 contaminants
- Premium grade RO Membrane with 0.0001um filtration accuracy
- Desalination Rate up to 96.8%
- Recycling Multi-Filtration Technology reuses waste water
- Purifies 470 ml of tap water in only 1 minute
- Electronic filter indicator
- Reverse osmosis filter can be used for 2 years
- The 1.5 liter water container might be considered small for some households. If you use more than 2 gallons of water each day, you’ll need to refill this a few times. Best to purify the water you need overnight.
- Recycling technology is more of a hack than an automated feature. You simply remove the tank at the end of the cycle and fill it with water, wastewater and all. 3.
- The cover for the water container is specially designed for the KFLOW unit, so if the container is damaged, you have to order it from KFLOW
- Cleaning the tank is a hassle but necessary because of all the filth that accumulates on the bottom with use
With Exclusive 4 – Stage Ultra Reverse Osmosis Technology (No Plumbing or Installation Required) | BPA Free
- Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 15 inches
- Weight: 22.9 Pounds
- 4 Stage Filtration
- Removable Water Tank
- Digital Filter Replacement Indicator Light
Best Suited For:
Removes 1000’s of pollutants including Lead, Chromium, Copper, Fluoride, Radium, and Chlorine
- Lead – 99.1%
- Chromium – 97.2%
- Copper – 95.2%
- Fluoride – 93.5%
- Radium – 96.4%,
- Chlorine – 96.6%
The AQUA TRU Countertop RO Water Filtration Purification System is a countertop reverse osmosis water filtration system that works fast to transform contaminated tap water into healthy, clean drinking water. In only ten minutes, you can say goodbye to rust colored, cloudy, foul smelling municipal water and eliminate the need for bottled water in your own home.
Built with BPA free components, the 4 stage filtration cycle removes thousands of contaminants from ordinary tap water. It takes literally three minutes to set up and plug in. The bottom unit fills with tap water while the top fills with purified drinking water. You simply press the push-button release on the front and the water releases quickly for use in your coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or any other application.
With its unique, angular design, you can even fit this countertop RO water filter neatly into a corner of your countertop. The digital interface on the front is clean and simple, displaying both the progress of the filtration cycle as well as the filter replacement status for each of the four filters.
Changing the filter cartridges is easy, and their high grade quality ensures that they will last for months before they need replacing. The RO membrane lasts up to 2 years, while the pre filters and post filter have an average shelf life between 6 – 12 months.
- Stage 1 Filter: Sediment Pre Filter: removes sediment and reduces turbidity
- Stage 2 Filter: Activated Carbon Pre Filter: removes 99% of chlorine and chloramines
- Stage 3 Filter: High Efficiency RO Membrane Filter: removes a wide range of harmful chemicals and toxins
- Stage 4 Filter: Activated Coconut Shell VOC Carbon Block Filter: removes toxic organic compounds, PFOA, PFOS, as well as ‘forever chemicals’
Portable, pleasantly quiet, fast, and fairly efficient, you can expect 25 – 30% water waste per liter, which isn’t as efficient as our top pick, but still outperforms most undersink RO filtration systems.
Overall, the AQUA TRU Countertop RO Water Filtration Purification System is a bit on the pricier side but still a great investment.
- No plumbing, installation or tools required
- Removes thousands of contaminants
- Streamlined and attractive countertop design
- Filters water in minutes
- Digital Filter Replacement Indicator
- Quick Change Twist And Seal Filters
- 2 yr RO Membrane
- 4 Stage Filtration System
- Easy to use push button dispenser
- RO membrane is not as high efficiency as other comparable brands
- no automatic filter so once you refill the unfiltered water you have to turn it off then off again for the filtration to start.
- The push button dispenser can be a challenge to use when trying to adjust the flow rate for different capacities. Filling a cup of water is fine, but filling an ice tray can cause water to come spilling out. Could be a bit more responsive to the touch