InSinkErator Badger 5, 0.5 HP Food Waste Disposer Review
“InSinkErator is among the biggest brands in waste disposal.”
The InSinkErator Badger 5 is one of their best products that provides efficient and easy food waste disposal.
The product has a grinding chamber that features a 26 oz. capacity, a disposer that features a manual reset motor for overwork protection, and it uses about one gallon of water every day.
Additionally, this eco-friendly product uses 3.4kw hours per year and it’s light (weighs around 13.6 pounds).
The product’s box comes with the following things:
- InSinkErator Badger 5 disposal
- Quick lock sink mount
- Sink baffle
- Installation manual
- Discharge tube that features gasket, 2 nos. of bolts, and flange
Easy Product Installation
Installing this product is easy and simple using the Quick Lock Sink Mount. You simply twist your new disposal in place. Therefore, if you wish to replace a worn-out InSinkErator unit with another one, the installation will be as easy as A B C (assuming you want to keep the current sink flange and mounting bracket).
The package boasts of an easy step-by-step manual with images. Hence, it is perfect for novices’ users who intend to install the device themselves. The unit also comes with a dishwasher inlet that is easy to install to your drain plug. If you have a dishwasher in your kitchen, remove the drain plug and then mount the unit.
The Product’s Noise Level
The InSinkErator Badger’s noise level isn’t the quietest on the market. Luckily, the reasonable price (which we will look later) is a great trade-off for this. But if you want a quieter product, go for a higher quality model that will cost you more and might come with a stronger horsepower.
For this product, I can say without any doubt that the noise level is reasonable for its price.
In fact, many users agree that the unit is reasonably quiet.
Badger’s Stability Level
The device features a galvanized steel surface and a single stage grinding system that makes its sturdy. In addition, the installation process ensures that the disposer doesn’t shake while you switch on the power. It is well-mounted so that you can power it on/off using a wall switch – really amazing!
The Grinding Function
This product features a 0.5 horsepower Dura-drive generation motor. This is a powerful motor that operates at 1725 rpm. The producers argue that the structure is made of strong galvanized steel for stability and durability.
The device operation boasts of a single stage grinding technology that integrates a GrindShear ring to crush difficult food remains. You don’t need to worry about throwing bones inside the grinder; they will be crashed within seconds. In addition, the grinding systems are made of galvanized steel and feature 2 nos. of stainless steel three-sixty-degrees swivel lugs.
100 Percent Environmental Friendly
This model is the number one choice for people who are conscious about the amount of power they use. For example, my colleague bought this waste disposer because she is conscious about the energy they use at home. She hasn’t regretted having it at her home.
Furthermore, the Badger uses less than one percent of the total amount of water used in an ordinary household. You are guaranteed to save a few dollars on your water bill.
An Affordable Model
Of course, this is one of the main considerations that people make when buying products. You will be amazed to realize that this model is one of the most affordable disposers on the market today.
What I like most about the product’s price is that it includes the installation price. You don’t need to spend extra for the installation purpose. I remember my colleague was so excited about having bought this product as she didn’t need to cough out additional dollars to have it fixed.
Common Types of Food to Dispose
You can dispose all types of food from fruit peel, coffee remains, and even bones in the Badger 5 and even though it is only a 0.5 horsepower device, it will effortlessly crash the remain so it goes into the drainage system without any problem.
What is even amazing is that it is designed to work with the firm’s septic tank. You don’t need to go shopping for a tank that can work with this disposer.
In general, the model comes with the following features:
- A single stage grinding technology that uses GrindShear ring to dispose of the most difficult waste of foods.
- A powerful 0.5 HP Dura-Drive induction motor that gives you a quick grinding operation.
- A quick lock sink mount that gives you an easy and fast way to install your device.
- A grinding chamber with a huge capacity of 26.0 ounces that makes it suitable to meet all your needs for small family and light usage.
- A jam-buster wrench that helps to release clog in case the device jams.
- A dishwasher inlet connection that provides a simple and quick way to integrate your dishwasher.
InSinkErator Badger 5 has the following advantages:
- A highly recommended product – the model is the number one choice food disposer for every 9 out of 10 experts in the plumbing sector.
- A two years warranty – the model comes with a 24 months warranty that ensures you get free repair when it breaks down.
- An easy installation process – you only need to twist off the old disposer and twist in the new one.
- Removable splash guard – the splash guard is removable which makes it an easy to clean the device.
Nothing is ever 100 percent perfect. Here are the disadvantages of this product:
- The upper part is made of plastic – although it isn’t as rugged as metal, it is durable.
The Bottom Line
The InSinkErator Badger 5 is a great disposer for your house. You will come to value the device for its ruggedness, quality design, and durability. The model is also relatively quiet, affordable, and has amazing grinding features.
In addition, the power behind its motor makes sure that the device is rugged.
Therefore, if you are searching for a garbage disposer that will last you for decades, the Badger 5 is one of the best bets.